Spanish Dog Names are pleasant to hear.
The name of your dog represents your identity. So, when you are giving name from an awesome language like Spanish, it is fun and cool when someone hears you call the dog.
Also, if your dog is a Spanish dog breed type like Mastiff, Greyhound, Sheepdog, and so on, you may like a give a name for your puppy to show his origin and heritage.
Explore Breed Specific Dog Names
Further, make sure that you will choose a name that you will be comfortable of. Because you will have to live with that name for a longer time.
In this article, we have provided 500+ various types of Spanish dog names under different themes and categories.
Male Spanish Dog Names with meanings
|Abejundio - bee-like||Julio - july|
|Alejandro - Defends mankind||Leon - lion|
|Alonzo - noble, ready||Leonardo - strong as a lion|
|Antonio - Beyond praise||Lisandro - Freeing a man|
|Armand - Armand||Lorenzo - someone from Laurentum|
|Armando - soldier||Luis - Famous Warrior|
|Belen - Bethlehem||Manco - needless|
|Benito - Benedict||Marco - framework|
|Bernardo - brave like a bear||Mario - Warring|
|Carlos - Free Man||Marques - lofty|
|Carmine - pigment of a bright-red color||Navarro - plain next to mountains|
|Chico - boy||Nicolas - Victorious|
|Consuelo - comfort||Onofre - Defender of peace|
|Cortez - courts||Orlando - orlar|
|Cruz - Cross||Pablo - artist Pablo Picasso|
|Dante - An Italian poet||Paco - father of the Franciscan order|
|Dario - Rich||Pancho - fuss|
|Diego - Famous Bearer||Paulo - Place of Rest|
|Domingo - Sunday masculine||Pedro - stone|
|Donato - gift from God||Ponce - reflection|
|Eduardo - Prosperous guardian||Quito - capital of Ecuador|
|Eloy - Renowned warrior||Rafael - God has healed|
|Emilio - rival||Ramon - Counsel Protection|
|Enrique - Home Ruler||Raul - wolf counsel|
|Esteban - garland crown||Raymundo - Counsel Protection|
|Federico - peaceful ruler||Ricardo - Powerful/Great Leader|
|Felipe - friend of horses||Rico - adorable, lovely|
|Ferdinand - prepared, ready||Rio - City Rio|
|Fernando - journey||Rodrigo - Famous Ruler|
|Francisco - free man||Roldan - Famous|
|Galeno - familiar||Salvador - rescuer|
|Geraldo - Spear Rule||Sancho - other man in a relationship|
|Gitano - male gypsy||Santiago - Saint James|
|Gonzalo - battle genius||Santo - holy|
|Guido - lower-class||Serge - little blue + red spots|
|Guillermo - Memo||Sergio - servant|
|Hernan - spiritual traveler||Socorro - relief|
|Inigo - my little (love)||Vicente - conquering|
|Jorge - earth-worker||Vito - St. Vitus|
|Jose - God Will Increase||Ximen - west gate|
|Juan - Midsummer day||Zorro - leering man|
Check out more Male Dog names
Female Spanish Dog Names with meanings
When you are choosing a Spanish name for your girl dog, there are lots of names available because Spanish people use their human baby girl names for their dogs as well.
So we have listed down female dog names below with their meanings.
|Alejandra - Greek female given name Alexandra||Lucia - light|
|Alicia - noble||Lucinda - Light|
|Alma - nourishing||Luisa - Fame and war|
|Anita - merciful||Luna - The Moon|
|Beatriz - brings joy||Lupe - nickname for Guadalupe|
|Bebe - baby||Luz - glow|
|Belinda - beautiful serpent||Macaria - truly blessed|
|Bella - beautiful||Madrona - madraza doting mother|
|Blanca - shining||Magdalena - fairy cake|
|Bonita - pretty, cute||Marcela - Young Warrior|
|Brisa - gentle wind||Marcia - war-like|
|Carina - darling||Margarita - pearl|
|Carissa - fragrant white flowerss||Maria - Bitter|
|Carlotta - Manly||Marina - marine life|
|Carmen - God's vineyard||Marta - the daughter|
|Catalina - pure||Melia - spanish name for Amelia|
|Charo - cowboy||Melosa - esembling honey|
|Chica - girl||Mercedes - History|
|Chiquita - little girl||Mona - female monkey|
|Cielo - sky||Mora - Blackberry|
|Consuela - comfort||Natalia - Christmas Day|
|Coraima - Classmate Finder||Nelia - horn|
|Corazon - heart||Neva - snow|
|Cornelia - war horn||Nieve - snow|
|Cristina - Christian||Nina - child|
|Dahlia - Dalia flower||Nita - Gift Of God|
|Damita - Little noble||Olinda - Protector|
|Delora - Virgin Mary||Paloma - dove|
|Delores - sorrows||Patia - leaf|
|Drina - Defender of mankind||Perdita - lost|
|Eldora - Blond||Presencia - presence|
|Elena - bright||Querida - female romantic partner|
|Elsa - God's promise||Reina - queen|
|Emelda - Entire Battle||Ria - river mouth|
|Esmeralda - name of the Gypsy girl||Rima - rhyme|
|Esperanza - expectation||Risa - laughs|
|Estrella - Etymology||Rita - Precious pearl|
|Eva - living one||Roberta - bright fame|
|Felicia - happy, lucky||Rocio - Dew|
|Fernanda - adventurous, bold journey||Rosa - rose|
|Flor - mold||Rosalinda - beautiful|
|Frederica - peaceful ruler||Rosario - Our Lady of the Rosary|
|Frida - beautiful, beloved||Rosita - little rose|
|Fuensanta - Holy Fountain||Sancha - Holy|
|Gabriela - God is my strength||Sancia - Holy|
|Giselle - Beautiful like the stars||Santana - Holy|
|Gitana - gypsy girl or woman||Savannah - A flat grassland|
|Graciela - Graceful Beauty||Senalda - A Sign, Symbol|
|Hada - fairy||Sierra - saw|
|Idola - cult figure||Soledad - loneliness|
|Inez - virginal||Sonora - sonorous|
|Inocencia - innocence||Tasia - Resurrection|
|Isabela - My God is bountiful||Teresa - Mother Teresa|
|Jacinta - Hyacinth or purple||Tia - uncle|
|Jade - A semiprecious gemstone||Tierra - Earth/Land|
|Juana - Joan||Valencia - City in Spain|
|Julia - paddy wagon||Ventura - happiness|
|Justina - fair, just||Vida - life|
|Lalo - Rich Guardian||Xiomara - battle famous|
|Lareina - the queen||Yolanda - Violet Flower|
|Lela - night, flower, beauty||Zanita - God's gift|
|Letitia - Happy||Zelia - Sunrise|
|Lita - Gladly||Zerlina - beautiful dawn|
|Lola - sorrows||Zita - The Seeker|
|Loretta - pure||Zoila - life|
Explore 2000+ more Girl Dog Names
Funny and Cool Spanish Dog Names
Below are some of the funny names for your dog.
- Amigo – It is the Spanish word for friend
- Blanco – It means “White.”
- Dinero – This word represents the term “Money.”
- Goal – The meaning is same as Goal
- Gordo – It means “Fat.”
- Grande – This is the Spanish word for “Big.”
- Loco – It means “crazy.”
- Pequeno – “little.”
- Rojo – “red.”
- Torpe – “clumsy.”
- Toro – Spain is famous for “bull” fights. This means “Bull.”
- Uno – “one.”
Find more Cool Dog Names
Check out Dog Names in other Countries and Regions.
Food and Beverage Inspired Dog Names
Many people in the world love Spain food culture. So that is one of the reasons many people visit Spain.
Further, Spanish food names for dogs are widespread. Therefore, if you love any Spanish food or beverages, you can name your dog by those names.
So, every time you call your dog by a food name, you will remember that deliciousness that you enjoyed from Spanish foods.
Below is a list of dog names inspired by Spanish food and beverages.
- Bravas – This is a Spanish native pasta variety. Also, it usually consists of white potatoes.
- Chorizo – Thus is a type of pork sausages.
- Croquetas – Small cylinder of food consisting of filling breaded and deep-fried.
- Jamon – dry-cured ham produced in Spain. Further, this one of the world-famous Spanish cuisine.
- Paella – This is a rice dish. Also, the origin of the dish is from a Spanish city known as Valencia.
- Pisto – The origin of this dish is from Murcia. Further, the main ingredients of this dish are tomatoes, onions, and eggplants.
- Empanada – This is a Spanish pastry variety. So, it comes with various types of fillings.
- Churros – This is also a Spanish pastry, but it is a snack type pastry.
- Tortilla – It is a Spanish omelet type. This is also a traditional dish in Spain.
- Gazpacho – This is a soup variant made from raw blended vegetables.
- Gamba – This means shrimps in Spanish
- Sabroso – It means Tasty in Spanish
Spanish Dog Names Based on popular Locations and Landmarks in Spain.
As we said earlier, Spain has lots of tourist attractive places.
Some of them are world heritage sites. Also, there are attractive beaches and so on.
So below is a list of Spanish dog names inspired by famous Spanish cities and locations.
- Barcelona – This is a city in Spain. Also, this city is famous because of the football club based in this city.
- Cordoba – This is a city in the southern Spanish region of Andalusia.
- Ibiza – It is one of the Balearic Islands in Spain.
- Leon – a town on the Bernesga River in northwest Spain
- Madrid – This is the Capital City in Spain. Also, the Football club Real Madrid is based on this city.
- Palma – A resort city in the western Mediterranean.
- Ronda – It is a mountaintop city in Spain’s Malaga province.
- Seville – This is a capital city in southern Spain. Also, there is a significant castle complex in Spain.
- Toledo – This is an ancient city in Spain
- Valencia – This is a port city.
- Vigo – This city is on the northwest coast of Spain.
Spanish Dog Names Inspired by Famous Spanish People
Spain has produced great people in the world in different industries.
For example, Pablo Picasso was one of the greatest painters who ever lived on earth. Further, most of his works have become so famous all around the world.
Let’s see some of those famous Spanish characters’ names used as Spanish dog names.
- Antonio (Banderas) – Spanish Actor film producer and a director
- Penélope (Cruz) – Spanish actress and model
- Javier (Bardem) – Spanish actor and environmental activist
- Paz (Vega) – Spanish actress and model
- Picasso – Pablo Ruiz Picasso was a Spanish painter
- Isabella (Queen of Castille) – Queen of Castile from 1474
- Enrique (Iglesias) – Spanish singer, songwriter, and actor
- Carlos (Santana) – Mexican and American guitarist
- Salvador (Dali) – Spanish Surrealist artist renowned for his technical skill
- Joaquín (Cortés) – He is a Spanish classically trained ballet and flamenco dancer
Cute Spanish Names for Dogs
Below is a list of Cute Spanish dog names. Further, you can use most of them for both Male and female dogs.
- Lindo/a – It means cute in the Spanish language
- Bonita – It also has the meaning of cute
- Felipa – lover of horses
- Amadis – the Love of God
- Demetrio – loves the earth
- Carina – Beloved
- Querida – Also has the meaning of Love
- Amor – It means Love
Popular Spanish Names for Puppies
Below is a list of Spanish dog names that are most popular in Spain. Also, these names are very common.
- Alfrendo – Elf
- Adan – Adam
- Amigo – Friend
- Chico – Boy
- Cielo – Sky
You can use these Spanish dog names for Spanish dog names as well as any other dog breeds.
Further, you can check out the below related articles for other country specific Dog names.
- German Dog Names
- French Dog Names
- British Dog Names
- Scottish Dog Names
- Irish Dog Names
- Hawaiian Dog Names
- Mexican Dog Names
- Italian Dog Names
- Greek Dog Names
- Japanese Dog Names
- Australian Dog Names
- Alaskan Dog Names
- Korean Dog Names
- Russian Dog Names
- Native American Dog Names
- Polish Dog Names
- African Dog Names
- Indian Dog Names
Finally, when you are choosing a name, make sure that you select a name that you can pronounce properly, and your dog could distinguish the sound of the name from other noises.
So what Spanish name you like the most?
Let us know in the comments section.